Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Stop the NFL Free Agent Merry Go Round I Want To Get Off!


We all knew when the NFL lockout ended we would witness an unprecedented free agent signing frenzy. We are now in Day Two and this is getting ridiculous. In the past few hours alone I've seen LB Takeo Spikes move from San Francisco to San Diego, QB Matt Hasselbeck jump from Seattle for Tennessee, LB Paul Posluszny leaving one football gulag in Buffalo for another in Jacksonville, DL Barry Cofield taking the money and running to Washington from New York, WR Santonio Holmes taking the money and staying in New York, and WR Santana Moss doing the same to stay in Washington. I'm getting dizzy!
Don't get me wrong, I'm as excited as anyone to have football back on the sporting menu, but I could find myself soon suffering from serious indigestion. But the person I feel most sorry for in all of this is the poor sod responsible for keying in all this late breaking stuff on the ESPN crawl at the bottom of the screen. "QB Matt Leinart to Washing...no, QB Matt Leinart to Seattle for undisclosed terms, QB Donovan McNabb to Arizona for future con....check that, QB Donovan McNabb to Minnesota for conditional draft picks and....this just in, QB Donovan McNabb to San Francisco for...I quit!"


It's like the day after Thanksgiving, but instead of kitchen appliances, linens, plasma TVs, and patio furniture on offer, you can find bargains on 325 pound tackles, 6 foot 2 wide receivers with separation speed, veteran QBs with West Coast Offenses burned into their brains, well, you get the picture. It's a madhouse! Happy shopping!

No comments: